Special Education Coordinator (IEP Coordinator)
- Assist the Director of Special Education in planning, monitoring, and evaluating special education services and procedures.
- Provide support to ensure schools are meeting the needs of every student while operating with fidelity to all state and federal laws.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Serves as IEP/504 Coordinator, responsible for IEP and 504 assistance and review to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the data collection for district, state and federal reporting.
- Serves as the Association’s RTI/MTSS Coordinator, responsible for the fidelity, implementation, capacity building, and sustainability of RTI/MTSS processes across the district.
- Provide consultation and support to the Association’s schools to facilitate implementation of Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
- Provide technical assistance to support capacity building and sustainability of RTI/MTSS within the Association’s schools.
- Coordinates the creation, maintenance and updating all RTI/MTSS documents, including website(s) as needed.
- Assists with assessing the needs and planning high-quality professional development for the Association’s schools on areas relevant to the education of students with disabilities.
- Collaborates with school leaders and school level coordinators to develop and implement appropriate strategies for resolving problem areas relative to programs for students with disabilities.
- Provides technical assistance to Association schools in reference to RTI/MTSS, IEPs and 504 plans for special education.
- Conducts other activities and oversee project implementation as determined appropriate by the Director of Special Education and Superintendent.
- Other duties as required by the Director of Special Education and Superintendent.
- Must hold or be eligible for a South Carolina Administrative/Teaching Certificate (prefer two or more years of administrative / supervisory experience in special education).
- Master’s degree
- Five years of experience in special education.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of special education regulations, curriculum, and programming.