New School Application
Letter of Intent to Apply
All applicants who wish to apply to open a charter school in South Carolina must first submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) on or before November 1, 2022, to their intended sponsor and to the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE). Groups not submitting a LOI by the November 1st deadline, will not be eligible to submit a formal charter school application on February 1, 2023 to any sponsor.
Complete the 2022 Charter School Letter of Intent Form and submit copies to the following entities:
- Limestone Charter Association at: Info@limestonecharters.org
- South Carolina Department of Education at: https://scde.formstack.com/forms/sc_charter_school_loi_2022
New Charter School Application
All applications must be submitted via the SCDE’s online dashboard. The deadline for submitting a charter application is February 1, 2023.
The sponsor’s Board of Trustees shall rule on the application for a charter school in a public hearing, upon reasonable notice, within ninety days after receiving the application.
The 2023 Charter School Application is currently pending SCDE release.
- Intro, Process and Type of School and Charter Committee VIDEO
- Community Need and Educational Program VIDEO Part 1 VIDEO Part 2
- Goals and Objectives and Evaluating Pupil Performance VIDEO Part 1 VIDEO Part 2
- Enrollment and Recruitment VIDEO
- Governance and Operations VIDEO
- Special Education and other Federal Programs VIDEO
- Finance and Facilities VIDEO
- Misc. and last chance for questions and answers. VIDEO